Monday, September 8, 2008

***SHELBIE***

Well just to update a bit..... Shelbie started back to school the end of August (uggg... the 5th grade... I am getting old)and loves it. Her brother Landon started 2nd grade and Gracee started pre-school. She has done 10 months of chemo so far and still counting...... Her protocal changed a bit so now she will be doing 4 straight weeks of weekly chemo, a 2 week break, 1 week of chemo pills, and then another 2 week break before starting the whole cycle again. She is the bravest, strongest, smartest, most caring, sweetest and determined (ok stubborn) girl I know. Stubborn for the fact that she is not willing to let anything get her down or get in the way of her dreams. Even on her ruffest days, if she is asked how she is doing she will tell you fine... even though we know otherwise. She is sometimes even guilty of wearing herself out trying to keep up with everything around her just to convince others that she is fine and that she is a "normal"kid. If you ask me, she is anything but a normal kid. She is the best any parent could hope for. She has taught me so much about living and loving life even with bumps along the way. I am so lucky to have Shelbie as my daughter and my BEST FRIEND!!

4 comments:

Christensens said...

I just wanted to be the first to leave a message on the new blog. Shelbie.. I am proud of you. I sure love that you cuddle me and come spend time with me..
Aunt Amiee

Unknown said...

Hi sweetie, can't wait to get to see you---hope it is soon. Glad for the phone so I can keep an up date on you. I really like your new web page.... love you Aunt Kathleen

Unknown said...

Shelbie,

You are an inspiration to all of us. We have seen our prayers answered in you. You are in our prayers and thoughts all the time. We love you and think you are the greatest.

Keep up your Cheering.

Love Uncle Ray

Lindsay said...

hi shelbie i found your blog off sadie huishes. hope you are having a great year, kristyn