Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Just a quick note......

Shelbie just finished up with her chemo pills for the week and is glad to be on another two week break before the next cycle starts. She is doing very well in school (like always) and hates it when she has to miss. Her school has a program that all the 5th graders get to participate in. They go overnight to a camp called Clear Creek and do learning activities at camp rather than at school. She is looking forward to going as long as she is on a break and her blood counts are good. She is still reading "Twilight" but hopes to have the whole series read before the movie comes out in November. She had a couple headaches this week that were kind of hard to get under control (even with codene). I have to admit, it always worries me what could be going on in her head when the headaches are that bad.

For those of you who don't know, Shelbie started cheering again this summer. She doen't have quite the energy to cheer as much as she used to, and hasn't joined a team again, but she is cheering for the NYFL UTAH again and loves it (especially on chemo breaks). Cheer practice is every Tues and Thurs and there are games every Sat so it is DEFINATLY keeping her/us busy. Thank goodness Landon has football practice the same days so it is not to crazy. I am so proud to say that even mid cycle, she has not missed practice. She may have just sat there instead of practicing, but she has been there!! She even passed down her old uniform to Gracee and has been trying to teach Gracee some cheers. Yes, the uniform is still too big for our Midget but that does not stop her from wearing it!!!

4 comments:

chadrick said...

Hi Shelbie! You probably don't remember me, but I'm Chad Larsen and used to work for Bret at Hutch's. Your Grandma Galynn gave me the link to your blog & I'm so glad that you're doing so well! Our prayers are with you! Oh, and my wife LOVES the Twilight books!

Grandma Galynn said...

Hi Princess, You are such an inspiration to all who know you. I love you with all my heart and am grateful for all the times we spend together (even if we're at the dentist). I do wish you could keep the little kitten--you are so tender with her...but, you'll have much fun with your puppy, Zego. I love you with all my heart.

Christensens said...

Shelbie,
Had fun with you this Wed. Sorry I couldn't hug you.. Don't want you to get sick ya know..
Aunt Amiee

Lindsay said...

ive read the 1st to the 4th book in twilght it rocks. i also can't wait for our field trip!! -kristyn