Tuesday, April 7, 2009

THE PORT IS GONE!!!

We are so happy to say that Shelbie did very well during her surgery to have her port removed on Friday. Before surgery the nurse and Dr's asked her if she was nervous or scared at all for the surgery. Her response was "are you kidding me! I have waited for this day for like 17 months! I am excited, not scared." She is so strong to endure everything she has with such a possitive attitude. It really puts into perspective the everyday trials the rest of us go through and makes them seem so small.The hardest part of the port removal surgery, is her not being able to get her chest wet for a week. That means no showers, just sponge baths and she is definately not happy about it! She loves her long relaxing baths and showers.

The headaches seem to be getting further and farther in between which has been a blessing. Hopefully with the higher dosage of seizure meds they will go away all together.

Shelbie is very excited for the upcoming Spring break. She says it will be nice to take a break from school without her being sick from chemo, or it being a hospital day.......Typical 5th grader!!!!We will keep everyone posted and like always thank you for all the prayers and support.

1 comment:

Channa said...

Shelbie, I just found your blog, and I wanted to tell you how happy I am that you're doing so well. I'm so inspired by your courage and determination! I love that cheerleading has been such a positive experience for you, too. Every time I hear how much you love it, it makes me so thankful that I was involved with the NYFL's cheer program those first few years.
You are in our prayers!